HOME AWAY FROM HOME, MILKSHAKES AND FRECKLES

22:36


The University of Limerick is now a home away from home. Honestly.
I never ever thought I’d think of UL like that going into it. Not in a million years. I thought it’d be counting down the days feverishly until Friday came. It turned out to be the complete opposite. If you read my previous blog posts you’ll know that I was eighty percent dreading going to college because I thought that I wouldn’t be able to talk to anyone. I was so wrong!

Right now as I type I miss college. I’m so relieved I’m heading back tomorrow. I miss my new friends, the three girls I’ve met are so so lovely and if I didn’t have them I’d be lost.  I know my way around the college now , another aspect of going to college I thought I wouldn’t grasp. I can get to wherever I want to go so easily, in the beginning I gave myself an hour to find where I was going for my labs and tutorials. Now I’m fine.

My housemates are all lovely. The fact that I can say that truthfully is amazing. Every single one of them are friendly, I’ve had no trouble with any of them. We all get on and I’m really happy with the way things turned out. I’m guessing I’ll be really sad when we all leave each other at the end of the year. I’m so grateful for them for being so welcoming. My shyness with them has completely vanished.

Something I’ve noticed about college is that the people are completely different to secondary school students. College students are a lot more friendly, they are more open. I like that because I feel comfortable enough that I can approach these people. I’m still really shy with people I don’t know though and I want to combat that because I feel like it’s getting in the way of friendships and other relationships. So step by step I’m going to try be little more adventurous, a little braver and to step even more out of my comfort zone. I say that now with butterflies in my stomach.
But I feel that if I don’t I’ll regret it.

I want to explore Limerick city more. I’ve been there three times now and each time has been different. More than once I have been in the city while it was raining. I hope to get a few photos and post them here so you can see the city too. My friend Pamela introduced us to these amazing milkshakes called Moody Cow and they are heaven. Every time we go to the city we go and get them. If you’re in Limerick city I recommend popping in there. It takes all of two to three minutes for the workers there to whip up these unreal milkshakes. Try the Oreo one, the Wispa one or the Twirl. There are SO many options. Do it, it’s worth it.

Lately I’ve been obsessed with freckles. Freckles of all things?! Nothing annoys me more when I see a girl covering her face up with foundation when she’s got beautiful freckles. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with freckles on guys too. There’s this person I’ve been seeing around lately and they've got the most beautiful freckles. They make a person's face really come to life.

Thanks for still reading even though I’m not very active, I checked my stats and was pleasantly surprised!

Have any of you started college this year, or a new school?
People have been so great to me, coming forward with so much support and advice. I'm so happy with my choice of college, course and my attitude to college is so positive. I'm really really happy.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love hearing feedback, all constructive criticism welcome!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe